The very quiet town of Eutawville and the community of Eutaw Springs are steeped in history. Eutaw, according to the town’s website, is the Native American word for pine.
Tall pines abound in the area amongst campsites, along trails and down to the water’s edge, where the cypress thrive.
The Revolutionary War’s Battle of Eutaw Springs in September of 1781, the last major engagement in the South, is considered a strategic American victory. In 1970, the site of the battle was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Among the many attractions, natural and historic, is the Historic Church of the Epiphany, which chronicles the history of worship and its continued significance in the area dating back to 1662.
In its quiet and modest way, the town of Eutawville and the community of Eutaw Springs have preserved their important place in history and among natural habitats.